London 2012 and Glasgow 2014
Artist taking the Lead | Unlimited | Legacy Trust UK
The London 2012 Glasgow 2014: A Strategic Framework (pdf) captures, clarifies and communicates the cultural plans and opportunities surrounding London 2012 and Glasgow 2014 for Scotland’s cultural sector, stakeholders and partners. It explains the potential within Scotland and describes the cultural connections that can be made locally, nationally and internationally as a result of these two global events.
The Scottish Arts Council is committed to ensuring that both events are used to maximise the benefit to audiences and the cultural sector. We are using London 2012 and Glasgow 2014 to ensure that Scotland’s cultural interests are effectively promoted and rooted within both events.
Our overarching objectives are to
- Create new artistic, cultural and creative experiences for Scotland’s diverse public in unexpected settings and by new and imaginative means
- Create new contexts, sites and settings for artistic, cultural and creative practitioners to develop and deepen their practice
Our overarching aims for London 2012 and Glasgow 2014 are to
- Allow the programming of exemplary activity that provides authentic cultural experiences for Scotland’s diverse public
- Strengthen, support and sustain the cultural sector by creating new opportunities, increasing profile and nurturing collaborations that encourage skills development.
Our role will be structured around the following areas:
Our approach is centred on the understanding that working in partnership with the major stakeholders for London 2012 and Glasgow 2014 is essential. They are
- London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (LOCOG)
- Legacy Trust UK (LTUK)
- The Scottish Government, leading on legacy planning for Glasgow 2014
- Glasgow City Council and Culture and Sport Glasgow
- Glasgow 2014 Organising Committee.
For further information about 2012-2014 please email email@example.com.